NWP Boating

Folks who are observant have realized that I’ve been tinkering with my posting schedule again. Currently I am posting brand new posts every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning at 8:00 AM American Central Standard Time.

I have been pondering adding an additional post to my week, something which is simple, short and sweet and doesn’t require the labor which the other posts require. I think I’ve come up with a new concept, but I’m not sure how long that it will last, as I really don’t like screwing with other peoples games. Playing true to the core rules allows a lot of folks to come up with their own additions, which makes the game more special to everybody involved, not to mention unique.

With this in mind, I am now adding a new and special weekly posting called, “Sunday Supplemental”. This can be anything which my heart desires, from a new spell, a new non-weapon proficiency, anything! It will always be changing and I’ll try to keep it random enough so you’ll never know what you get.

For our very first Sunday Supplemental pilot, just to see how folks take to it, I’ve chosen an existing Non-Weapon Proficiency that isn’t a part of Core Rules, but it should be. I found this prof. in TSR’s The Complete Ranger’s Handbook enjoy!

Boating

Group: General
# of Slots Req.: 1
Relevant Ability: WIS
Check Modifier: +1

This proficiency allows the character to pilot any small boat, such as a kayak or canoe, operating it at maximum speed. It also allows to make minor repairs and improvements in these boats, such as waterproofing them and patching holes. A successful proficiency check enables the character to handle the craft in treacherous situations; for instance, maneuvering the boat through choppy water without capsizing it, or avoiding collisions when guiding it through a narrow channel choked with rocks or ice. Note that while the navigation and seamanship proficiencies deal with ships in oceans, seas, and other large bodies of water, the boating proficiency is confined to small craft on rivers, lakes, on oceans close to shore, and over similar terrain, usually on relatively calm waters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Statcounter

Contact me at Ripx187@gmail.com

Search This Blog

Blog Archive